Sunday, March 22, 2009

SB2K9

[Spring Break 2009]


7 best friends.
Early morning prayer on the balcony.
Yoga / Pilates.
The beach.
Laughter.
Dancing.
Sunsets.
Bocce ball.
Spontaneity.
6 unexpected friendships.
Basking in the sun.

For all these reasons and so many more, SB2K9 marks one of the best weeks I've ever had in America. Thus, making it all the more difficult to come back to school. I love Baylor. I love my life here. I am so immeasurably blessed. However, school = responsibility. School = reality.

Reality and responsibility are two things I don't care for too much, especially after spending a care-free week on the beach where I enjoyed/savored/embraced every precious moment with incredible people.

I miss SB2K9. But, a dear friend who was on this great adventure with me reminded me that we can't return to Narnia... even if we did, it wouldn't be the same. God gave us this precious time with each other, making beautiful memories we will always cherish. For that, we are so grateful. Now, we must look forward...expectantly and with great joy for all that lies ahead of us.

1 comment:

katie said...

great post becky boo :)
i can't tell you how grateful i am that we got to share that week!