Tuesday, March 3, 2009

'The Bachelor'...or should I say 'The Jerk'?

I am now embarrassed and ashamed to admit that I spent two precious hours of every Monday night watching this season of The Bachelor.


Please tell me others of you watched it as well. It might make me feel less foolish.

Well, if you did watch this season and better yet, if you watched the season finale...you can probably imagine just why I am so disgusted at the fact that I willingly gave up valuable time to watch this poor excuse of a man for a whole season.


Jason ends up breaking Melissa's heart and crushing her spirits, all on NATIONAL TELEVISION. Then, only minutes later, he is making-out with his ex, also on National TV. What's worse? I, yes...me, I was one of the sick 15.5 million people who watched every minute of it with unwavering attention. What is wrong with us, America?

Okay, I know these people willingly chose to be on reality TV. They even knew there was a huge chance their hearts could get crushed. I also willingly chose to watch this trash. But honestly, what kind of time are we living in when people want their 15 minutes of fame so badly and they have truly convinced themselves they will find their "soul mate" on a reality dating show? Whoa...

Well, here's to reality TV and the 21st century ;)

2 comments:

katie said...

worst thing i have ever witness on television, on so many levels...

Nicki W. said...

what a weinie. i was watching too. BUT whomever chooses to find a "soulmate" on national TV is sorta asking for it.