Thursday, July 23, 2009

Speaking of lingering thoughts...

Two blogs in one day. Whoa.

Some lingering thoughts I've had this summer can be summed up in the lyrics of this song:

He is jealous for me.
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree-
bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory.
And I realize just how beautiful You are
and how great Your affections are for me.
and oh, how He loves us
oh, how He loves us so
how He loves us all.
We are His portion and He is our prize-
drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes.
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
So heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
and my heart turns violently inside my chest.
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
when I think about the way
He loves us.
~How He Loves, David Crowder Band
How He loves us...it's too impossible to comprehend. I have felt so undeserving these days. Aren't we all undeserving, though? And isn't that the beauty of it all? We, undeserving creatures, are 'bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.' My human mind cannot even really begin to process this, but I am so thankful.

1 comment:

katie said...

ooo l.beck you are hugging my soul. i love you & am dying to talk to you :)