Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Journey(s)

I've started a few new journeys over the past couple of weeks.
A new journey can be scary.

Not knowing what lies ahead can cause you to fear, worry, or
. . .

celebrate?
The unknown can push you, press on you, and test you. But test you to do what? I think it can push you to trust.
trust.

Trust.

TRUST!
Why is this small word so hard for us? Really, why is this small word so hard for me? I want to reach out and touch, feel, see with my own eyes the things I am putting my hope and trust in. Wouldn't that be so much easier, so much more simple?

"Those who know Your name will trust in You, for you, LORD, have never forsaken

those who seek You."

-Psalm 9:10


As I find it hard to trust, in the stillness of my heart I am reminded the One in whom I can put my trust. He loves fiercely. He loves me like a hurricane. . . a hurricane. Wow. This love He has for me can hold all of my hopes because He will never disappoint. He will never fail. He will never be late or early or inconsistent or deceiving. He will always be everything...everything I need Him to be. If I can't trust in that, I do not want to trust in anything at all.

So...

happy journey to you.

2 comments:

katie said...

i currently have a very large smile, thanks to you and this lovely post. especially the pictures!

Sarah Satt said...

yay yay yay yay :)