Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Worst Blogger Ever... and other random thoughts

I've definitely been neglecting the blogosphere (yes, I said 'blogosphere') for some time now.

I've avoided blogging for a few reasons. Mostly due to a sincere lack of time to sit down and write something other than a paper for social work or english or history or...whatever.

I've also been avoiding blogging because I've felt I've just had so much to say and have been wrestling with so many big thoughts these days that it has almost been immobilizing.

I'm craving community.
Two of my best friends in the world are overseas right now. Many of my other dear friends have graduated and moved away. I find myself once again writing about this strange transition time I am in, the same one so many of my friends are going through.
It's good to know I am not alone in this.

In some ways, it feels as if my life is waiting to begin - almost as if I am being left behind in a sense while others continue on their brave and adventurous journeys.
I know that is not the Truth - just a lingering feeling.
I realize my life is happening right now. My brave and adventurous journey is here, for now.
So, what am I going to do with it?
What are you going to do with it?
And what are we working towards?
Many thoughts and questions I've been pondering these days.

In the meantime, God is constantly overwhelming me with His kindness and goodness to me.
Life, although a perpetual mystery, is sweet and I am blessed far beyond what I deserve.

3 comments:

David Stoneking said...

Thanks for letting your blogience (blog audience??) in on your thoughts and you're most certainly not alone in them. First off you should know that you have set forth to finish a task (school) and even tho its draining, terrible, life-sucking, and just awful at times, I'm so PROUD of you for staying with your commitment and staying diligent to accomplish what really is an enormous task few others take on. secondly, as we talked about a long time ago, I'm sure that in five years you'll look back on this time in your life and wonder how in the world you were able to do everything that you are right now. Its easy to feel like you're not doing anything (i certainly empathize) but its really just a lie and temptation to make you actually stop doing what you are. I can't imagine the day when GOD will reveal to you all the lives that you have touched and blessed! I wonder what Joseph thought all those years he served as a slave even tho he did no wrong. All he was doing was being faithful day in and day out for decades of labor and GOD was faithful to him despite Joseph lacking that "adventurous" feeling(which also means i guess you have a shot at the vice presidency?!?)

Stay faithful, stay diligent and our GOD will be honored thru all!





p.s. i miss you:(

Lauren Madison said...

nov, you always know just what to say. Thanks so, so, SO much for your encouragement. P.S. I miss you, too :(

Sarah said...

Lauren, I loved this! Thanks for sharing your heart.

P.S. You and David are presh.

Love you, girl!!