Thursday, September 10, 2009

Amini...BELIEVE.

Amini.
In Swahili, this word means believe.
I got talk to one of my best friends in the world today, Sarah. Currently, Sat Pack [as we like to call her] is serving in Nairobi, Kenya as an intern with a church called City Harvest. Sat Pack and I were able to talk on Skype [such a lovely invention] and I even got to see her face because she has a web cam! I know I sound like technology baffles me sometimes, but that's because
technology baffles me sometimes.
Kenya is always on my heart, but after talking to Sarah today, I went back and looked at all of my pictures from trips past
and I cried...mostly tears of joy, but several tears of missing dear friends.
Below is a picture I took about two years ago. This picture is nothing too exciting, riveting, or heart-wrenching. It's really quite simple. However, I love it just the same. This mural of the Lord's Prayer is painted in an alleyway next to a school in a slum called Kariowa in Nairobi.
A prayer-
Our Father, who is in Heaven
Your name is to be praised, Your kingdom come
Your will be done on earth like in Heaven
Give us today our daily bread
Forgive us our mistakes like
like we forgive others who sin against us
Do not carry us into temptation, but rescue us
from evil.
Amen.
Amini. Believe.
I believe. Help me with my unbelief.

No comments: