Thursday, January 29, 2009

You Can Just Call Me Ms. Professional

So, I have this 9-5 internship...

and it is incredible.

Sometimes it reminds me of the movie the Devil Wears Prada.

Why?

Well, mostly because I think my life is a movie most days anyway. Anyone relate?

I walk to my office building, in my high heels, coffee in hand. I wait impatiently for the elevator and my heels click loudly across the tile. I enter our office, take a seat at my desk, and look at the piles of paperwork, articles, financial statements, etc. covered in a million sticky notes.

I actually think those are the only reasons my internship reminded me of the Devil Wears Prada. I mean, my supervisor is amazing...not an insane, superficial fashion editor. Also, this is no fashion show. You can bet your life I am not wearing Chanel, Michael Kors, or any other brand name to my internship.

I know I have been complaining about transitioning lately, because it is indeed difficult. However, after some adjustment, I am finding joy in the little things and celebrating this new some-what professional lifestyle. I only have to be professional two days a week. That is really nice. The other days I get to be a full-time college student. What an incredible blessing! I GET to go to school. I GET to be educated. I GET to have a wonderful internship in which I am learning so much. We are truly blessed.

1 comment:

katie said...

you are so inspiring!