Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Celebrate the Day

...and with this Christmas wish is missed
the point I could convey.
If only I could find the words to say
to let You know how much You've touched my life,
because here is where You're finding me,
in the exact same place as New Year's eve.
And from a lack of my persistency, we're less than half as close as I wanted to be.
And the first time that You opened Your eyes
did You realize that You would be my Savior?
And the first breath that left Your lips-
did You know that it would change this world forever?
And so this Christmas I'll compare the things I felt in prior years
to what this midnight made so clear - that You have come to meet me here.
To look back and think that this baby would one day save me.
In the hope that what You did, that you were born so I might really live.
To look back and think that this baby would one day save me.
And I, I celebrate the day -
that You were born to die.
So I could one day pray for You to save my life.

No comments: